Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Eyes on Me


If you have ever trained a dog, one of the commands you might have taught is “watch.” The idea is for the dog to lock eyes on you, without being distracted by anything else, and wait for your next instruction. 

Over and over again, the universe teaches me this lesson. Something will happen and I will get distracted, maybe disturbed, turning my attention to the situation in order to change something, or more likely to “fix” something. Basically, wanting to control something outside of myself. Or perhaps just wandering off in my mind along paths of various narratives, rehashing the past, rehearsing the future. 

I am no longer attending to the present moment, open, listening, receptive to inner guidance, ready to respond. My eyes are elsewhere. I am restless, perhaps in distress. My soul asks for help. Again. And the universe answers. Again. 

Watch. Eyes on me. Only me. Wait for your way to be made clear. Be at peace. 

The way is not in your thoughts. It is in your heart. It sings in your soul and resonates throughout your entire being. You will know it. 

But only if you watch. 

Your spirit knows who you are and what you're here to do. The heart is your inner knowing, the part of you that transcends mere emotions or intellect and sees and knows the path you need to follow. ~Marnie Pehrson Kuhns


6 comments:

  1. "Watch. Eyes on me. Only me. Wait for your way to be made clear. Be at peace."
    Galen, I can't begin to tell you how much these words spoke to my heart, to my very soul. Watch and wait - God will answer in the most unpredictable and meaningful ways. May we all watch and wait for Him to reveal Himself.
    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. When we are aligned with the natural flow of the universe, by whatever name, our way is revealed.

      Delete
  2. And one more thought - do you mind if I use these words in a future blog? They say it all!!! I'll look forward to hearing from you - marthaorlando@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I do love your poetry. This one above is lovely.
    I loved the final quote and each of our words; they are so true. I can get distracted so easy and miss maybe the answer to a question or a direction or perhaps even a moment of just feeling peace within.
    I do need to stop and listen and #hearhim!
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeAnn. I don't open comments on the poetry, but I'm always so pleased when someone likes it. And I'm glad you liked this post. A lesson I have to learn almost every day!

      Delete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the delay until your comment appears on the blog.