Monday, October 8, 2018

Feed Me and Love Me


My grandson has been having a little trouble acting up at school – talking in class, not listening to the teacher, not focusing on his work. Last week I was chatting with him about his behavior. He came up with his own plan for trying to do better. When I asked him how we could help him and support him, he thought for a moment and then replied,

“Feed me and love me.” 

Out of the mouths of babes. Isn’t this what we all need for help and support? To be fed with patience, encouragement, friendship, honesty, mercy, listening, appreciation, attention. To be loved with compassion, acceptance, delight, non-judgment, and without conditions? 

I had sat down with my grandson to offer him guidance, but instead he taught me. I bowed to my seven year old wisdom teacher and thanked him for this lesson.
.
And a little child shall lead them.  ~Isaiah 11:6

10 comments:

  1. Wow. You know, I bet a lot of us would say that- and are- but a lot of us don't listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know -- I immediately identified with what he said and thought, "Me too!"

      Delete
  2. As you said so well, "out of the mouths of babes." I wish I could offer food and love to the whole world! It's been such a hard time, and I'm worried about the midterms. Please, everyone, VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, there is a lot of what Buddhists call the "suffering of suffering" in the world right now. There is the suffering of whatever is actually happening, and the "extra" suffering of wishing reality was something other than what it is. But you, DJan, do offer "virtual" food and real love to the whole world through sharing your life on your blog.

      Delete
  3. "The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep." ~John 21:17. Yes, out of the mouths of babes, indeed. May we ever learn for them, for they have much to teach us.
    Blessings, Galen, and blessings to your delightful grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha. These grandchildren are fun AND wise, aren't they? I learn from your Virginia Rose in every one of your posts about her!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I do love this one. Yes, out of the mouth of babe's; wisdom. This was so cute. I have noted that the children of today are coming down to this earth from the Pre-earth life prepared to do some great things. I see how they are open to learning and are very intelligent. There is a difference between my children and my grandchildren. I feel that the most valiant of our Heavenly Father's children have been saved to come to earth at this time for the winding up scenes before our beloved Savior comes again.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful to see the new generation in such positive terms, LeAnn!

      Delete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the delay until your comment appears on the blog.